Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Welcome Home, Now Get to Work!

I am officially back again. After we left I took some time off from the internet for Lent--hence, the long absence.

I suppose that makes the proclamation that "He's HOME!!!!" a little anti-climatic, but I shall make it nonetheless:

HE'S HOME!!!!!!

I made it through the drive, my Dad and I got our new house in very functional working order, and four days after we arrived, my husband walked through the door and into our arms again.

The reunion was wonderful and somewhat surreal. The adjustment was more difficult than we expected. We're still learning how to really talk again, and some days my heart still hurts for the six months of very significant history that we missed out on in each other's lives.

We've had hard things happen, and frustrating things happen. Andy's squadron gave them three days off and sent them back to work full-tilt. (There was one more four day weekend thrown in there too, to be fair). He's worked 10 or 11 or 12 hour days most of the time since he's been back, and also had to go in for some weekends. It doesn't seem fair to us, but.... what do we know?

To our great relief his leave period has finally come and the next two weeks are ours.

Despite the little and big hard things that we're still walking through, it is a sweet thing to wake up beside him each morning. It is indescribably beautiful to see him crawl around on the floor with our daughter--to see her light up and reach out and say, "Daddy!" when he gets home. It's wonderful to share her milestones with him and to once again walk our experiential roads together.

He's home. We're home. And that's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home