Friday, January 20, 2006

Minor Irritations

I went to a Mommy group this morning, and as so often happens when women get together the topic of husband's and the irritating things that they do came up.

There were complaints about the garbage not going out, and burping without saying excuse me, and no help with laundry, etc. etc. Now, I am not above chiming in such discussions, but today I just couldn't. I was sitting there thinking, "I can't even remember the little irritating things that he does. I miss being irritated!"

I will be the first to tell you that distance doens't always make the heart grow fonder. Sometimes it just makes the heart go numb. But at the same time, things like those minor irritations fade into the woodwork. You begin to see them for what they are--unimportant little nothings in the scheme of your relationship. It's definitely a jolt to the perspective.

I'm sure that when my husband and I return to the northwest and are together again, within a week I'll be complaining about him not replacing the liner in the trash can (I finally thought of one of my frequent complaints after thinking all day).

For now though, I'd take a decade of having to replace the liners myself just to have him around. (Those words may just come back to haunt me...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home