Saturday, January 14, 2006

Where we are Now

We are in month four of what is supposed to be a six month deployment. This is our first, though not our first separation. The deployment hasn't been a typical Navy deployment. DH has spent about half his time thus far on land supporting a Marine squadron in, "The Sandbox." At first the thought of that really frightened me. However, my husband feels he is doing more purposeful work where he is, and he enjoys sleeping in a bed that allows him the luxury of sitting up and not hitting his shoulder on the rack above him. I decided not to dwell on worrying about the ambiguous and unlikely what ifs that came with his location and simply be glad he was in a place where he felt more content. That's worked well... most of the time.

It's been a crazy year for us. My Mom died in July, our daughter was born in March, we're going through our first deployment (For more on any of those things click on my profile and visit my other blogs.) Because of the situation with my mother, we decided that I would spend the duration of the deployment at my folks' house in the midwest. When Mom died we determined that the best idea would be to stay the course.

So my daughter and I are holed up at Dad's for now... Which brings it's own difficulties and challenges especially with two very different ways of approaching grief.

But this blog isn't about that... And now that you have some context I can get on to the meat of things.

That's where we are now... Who knows where life will take us next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home